Your Questions Answered
10 Frequently asked questions
How big does my room need to be so a Snooker or Pool table fits properly? (Click for answer)
Ideally you will need 5’ ( 150cm ) around the entire table to be able to cue properly. A 12’ x 6’ Snooker Table you would need a room size of 22’ x 16’ ( 6.6m x 4.8m ) or a 7’ Pool Table your Room size would need to 17’ x 14’ ( 5.1m x 4.2m ) as a minimum.
Do I need a reinforced floor to be able to install a Snooker table or a Pool table? (Click for answer)
No, not normally. A ground floor is preferable and a concrete floor is always best, however Snooker and Pool tables can be installed on all types of surfaces. Wood floors, tiled floors, carpeted floors.
- For any above ground floor installations always check with a professional the construction of your floor to ensure the floor will take the weight of your Snooker or Pool table.
What is the typical weight of a 12’ Snooker Table and say a 7’ Pool Table? (Click for answer)
- A 12’ Snooker Table typically weighs around 1250KG
- A 7’ Pool Table typically weighs around 400KG
Can I move a Snooker table or Pool table around once it’s installed? (Click for answer)
Generally no. With a Snooker table, once installed you need properly trained Fitters to move the table. With a Pool table, if it’s a one piece slate you can move the table with 4 - 6 people lifting the table together. The table will need to be re-levelled.
How many slates come with a Snooker table versus a Pool table? (Click for answer)
- A 12’ Snooker Table comes with 5 pieces of slate joined to make one complete playing surface.
- A 10’ Snooker Table comes with 5 pieces of Slate joined to make one complete playing surface.
- A 9’ Snooker Table comes with 5 pieces of Slate joined to make one complete playing surface.
- A 9’ Snooker Table comes with 3 pieces of Slate joined to make one complete playing surface.
- A 9’ Pool Table comes with 3 pieces of Slate joined to make one complete playing surface.
- A 8’ Pool Table comes with 3 pieces of Slate joined to make one complete playing surface.
- A 7’ Pool Table comes with 1 piece of slate complete.
What is the difference between an English Pool table & an American style pool table? (Click for answer)
- A 7’ English Pool table essentially has smaller pockets ( as you would typically find in a pub in the UK ) and is supplied with 2” (51mm )balls and is fitted with a wool cloth. ( napped similar style to Snooker cloth ).
- A 7’ American Pool Table is always slightly larger than a 7’ English Pool table, the pockets are bigger and the balls are larger 2 1/4” (57mm) balls and is fitted with a worsted cloth ( faster speed cloth ).
What is the difference between a ball return on a pool table and drop pocket? (Click for answer)
- A ball return is where the balls when potted gather at one end of the pool table and the white ball when potted gathers at the other end of the table.
- Drop pockets are similar to the pockets on a Snooker table, the balls sit in the pocket where the ball is potted.
Shipping, Delivery & Installation; how is this arranged in the UK and overseas? (Click for answer)
- Riley ( BCE Distributors Limited) will arrange Delivery and Installation in the UK free of charge.
- Overseas, we have shipped and installed tables in more than 80 countries around the world. Riley ( BCE Distributors Limited ) will arrange to ship your table ( Fully insured for all risks ) so it arrives in your country of choice in perfect condition. We will then arrange for one of our Fitters from the UK to fly out at a pre-agreed date to fully assemble and install your table. This is a chargeable Service.
Warranty. Do I get a warranty when I buy a Riley table? (Click for answer)
- Absolutely, a 25 year warranty subject to normal wear & tear when a table is installed by one of our Fitters, ( UK manufactured tables only ). If a table is not installed by a fitter from Riley ( UK ) or the table is manufactured overseas a 5 year warranty applies.
- Ask your sales representative the length of Warranty applicable to the table of interest before you buy.
Where are the tables made? (Click for answer)
The vast majority of our tables are made in Great Britain ( UK ). A few tables at our entry level price points are made in China.
SERVICE, SHIPPING & SET UP
Watch The Advise & Help Video
WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
Our Dedicated Staff Will Respond As Soon As Possible
The Latest News & Promotions